Arena_duels

the4ce1

L1: Registered
Feb 13, 2010
The theme is an arena (colosseum) with alot of junk.. what's more to say?
Try to find a way to fill a stadium with something so when you go out of the spawn you don't get instakilled by a random critrocket, and then just spin in a open, lame battleground.

Arena map with circular duel pit, 4 spawns (2 for each team). The point is in the middle, the rest of the pit is covered in objects that make it harder to spot enemies. The middle point is there so the last survivors can easily find each other to end the game.

Last edited:

Flawless

Apr 19, 2009
I don't want to sound harsh but this map is just a box filled with random props. Get some theme going and then post this again. (if your theme isn't random ofc :D)

the4ce1

Feb 13, 2010
T'is random =/
First I wanted a simple stadium, but spawn camping would be too bad, it would be a game of who gets out first wins.
And maybe the cubemaps have something, or it's just too <insert something here>?

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
Not necessarily bad if it was what you were going for, but I don't know what to say in terms of feedback.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Oh.My.God.

Put props in that make sense, give it a proper theme, because this sucks :facepalm:

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Why does the coliseum look like someone built a rounded brick dome five feet off the ground to prevent any attempts at aerial combat?

Aug 10, 2009
For starters, fix those damn lights, regulate them and spread them around so the lighting actually makes sense.

Continuing on the critique, randomness is not an excuse, nor is admitting it. Take the time to build a real theme. Come on, ante up.

Also, consider the melee dynamic. All those random props
a) Better be clipped to perfection
b) Don't look to have any cohesive flow in mind
c) Favor the faster more agile classes, essentially prolonging a fight, which is pretty annoying.

the4ce1

Feb 13, 2010
About the lights:
Problem with cubemaps or with the big light blob in the center? Or the spotlights?

About the randomness:
I'll try working on it. Maybe if I let the arena be empty, will it be better? Only real problem would be those hackity snipers that won't let you leave the spawn.

Frush

L2: Junior Member
Jan 8, 2010
About the lights:
Problem with cubemaps or with the big light blob in the center? Or the spotlights?

About the randomness:
I'll try working on it. Maybe if I let the arena be empty, will it be better? Only real problem would be those hackity snipers that won't let you leave the spawn.

I'm not sure just deleting everything will make it 'better'.

Try to think up a good theme, like everyone else have stated, build some rooms, build some alternate routes and stuff like that.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Instead of making a large ring, consider putting some effort into a good layout.

Weak_Y2FC

Sep 6, 2010
Tested on a 20 player server, Criticism from players were "this is just a circle with every freaking prop from tf2 in here" "Look guys, i can walk through these giant metal arms" "uhh..with the spawns way up here, can't people just prolong the games if you just stay way up here and not drop down?" "heavy, stand at the bottom of the spawn while i medic you from up here, they'll never hit me" "Wow! did you guys see those giant metal arms over there, you can walk through them!" "I know dude, i said that like 5 minutes ago". Personally, I think there needs to be some cohesiveness, the spawns need to be changed unless you like people just camping in there just to prolong the game, there needs to be some other route than just this giant circle, and lastly, if you are gonna make a map with a crap ton of doo-dads, at least make them solid so that you can't walk through them, Thanks for making arena maps, not a lot of the tf2 map makers do it, so we appreciate it