Arena mode sequence questions

HoundDawg

L1: Registered
Dec 18, 2007
I've been working on several arena mode maps, with a few that require logic entities to be triggered at different times. Unfortunately, there's no documentation on which entities are getting triggered in sequence.

1. How to detect Arena round end by kills (not cp)? With control points, it's pretty easy. I'd like to trap the end of the arena round when all of one team's players are killed, especially for arena maps without a capture point at all.
  2. How to detect the winning team on Arena round end by kills (not cp)? This is similar to #1 above, but also wanting to know which team won.
  3. When to enable/disable spawns? I have a map where I want to set which spawns are enabled before players are spawned. Unfortunately, I've tried so many options, but all have failed because I can't locate the proper entity that will allow me to do this. Players seem to be pre-spawned before even the logic_auto or arena round setup phase.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
have you tried using developer2 in console?

HoundDawg

L1: Registered
Dec 18, 2007
have you tried using developer2 in console?

Wow, all of this time, I was completely unaware of that command. TYVM!

Unless someone has a better idea, I found that using trigger_proximity with appropriate filters, along with StartTouch, EndTouch, and EndTouchAll will provide me with what I need for the above questions.

Now, with developer2, I can hopefully iron out how to set the spawns on map load.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
The spawn thing won't really work. The entire entity system is reloaded during a game restart (after a victory), so there won't be any way to remember or set specific spawns from round-to-round.

Also, in the next update they will be adding OnWonByTeamX outputs to the tf_gamerules, which will solve your other two problems (I presume).