[Arena] Map/Entities don't reset on round win.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Yedanker, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Yedanker

Yedanker L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey all,
    I have almost finished a mini-game map for a fun server and after a few seconds of testing it when I believed it was done, I noticed that nothing resets when a team wins and you respawn for the next round.
    The map is like a jump rope map where there is a laser that spins and increases speed over time, but when a team wins (by the other team dying). The laser doesn't reset back to starting speed, it just continues how it was last round.

Please help, I'm starting to loose my first map creation motivation!! :p

2. Gerbil

aa Gerbil

Positive Ratings:
    I'm actually working on something similar and I'd love to know if it's possible to reset entities on round restart. Working on an arena explosion :p

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Umm... everything resets on round reset in any mode. If it's not... you've done something very weird/wrong.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Yedanker

Yedanker L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm... Well I have a phys_motor attached to a func_physbox_multiplayer and it slowly increases in speed using timers, the main question I'm asking is how can I get it to go back to the first timer on round restart? (because it doesn't)

Oh also, I just noticed: It works and resets fine on Create server but not when I play it on the online server :huh:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010