ARENA Kolob

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Attsy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Attsy

Attsy L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    An alpine themed arena map I've recently finished,
    Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a server so it remains untested.

I'd love compliments and criticism.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. Waif

Waif L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but a lot of those alpine buildings look too clean and straight-forward for the TF2 style. I suggest adding some boarded up windows, maybe some random support planks etc.. just to give it a more rundown feel.

The ground is also a bit flat and open ( judging fromm ss_3), maybe add some more cover in props or displacement editing ?

Otherwise, it's looking great!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  3. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    I disagree with the buildings looking too clean however I feel that support beams and such could help the map with detail. But I will agree that the ground is rather flat and open outside the cap area.

The cap looks great along with the buildings around it. I'm not so keen on the big blu building though, that blue texture with those wooden beams...something makes it feel 'wrong' to me. I love the building in ss_2 but it seems like it might be far out of the playing area. I'm sure testing will reveal anything you need to fix though.

4. Attsy

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you both I agree with the ground being too flat, I will defiantly fix it. I might add some wood debris props to give it a more run down feel, but not too much.

The Tf2maps testing server, can I apply to get this map tested out on their or what?

5. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    either contact an admin in the tf2maps chat, or apply for a gameday.

6. Mr. P. Kiwi

Mr. P. Kiwi L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Downloaded it, played it with friends and I have a couple things to say:
    1. Brilliant!
    2. scouts and snipers dominate the map. Heavys are useless - too open.
    3. when the point unlocks the game becomes much more interesting...

I think you should resize your map (something smaller) and make the capture area the main fighting place.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Weak_Y2FC

Weak_Y2FC L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Tested on a 20 player server, Everyone thought that this map was intricate, unique, complicated, structurized nicely and overall awesome, however, everyone also agreed that this map is about the size of 2 football fields therefore rendering the map unplayable for arena standards, other than that, awesome map, probably for prophunt but not arena

8. Confidence Man

Confidence Man L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'd maybe mix the window placement up a bit. Everything looks a little too neat, even, and regularly spaced.

9. Attsy

Positive Ratings:
    I completly agree, this was my first tf2 map and the size got way out of hand.

Its so large I'm considering making it into a 3cp map.