Arena Crosskill

ARENA Arena Crosskill 2016-04-12

GameDrainer

L1: Registered
Apr 9, 2016
Arena Crosskill - A close quarter arena map

This is a small box style take on the arena game mode, allowing up to twelve players on each team. Each team has three branching paths to get to the middle capture point. Enjoy!

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
I'm pretty sure you can't put a limit on player count within the map file. If you only have 12 spawn points per team, and there are more players, then some people will share spawn points. Also I'd put some kind of cover between the spawn doors so you can't just snipe clear across the map. Just as a warning, arena maps are a decent size for a reason; no one likes stepping out of spawn and immediately into a battle.

GameDrainer

Apr 9, 2016
I appreciate the help, I'm new to mapping and I haven't quite gotten around to getting everything perfect, but I might redesign this map to be larger and have more cover.

Sep 10, 2015
I appreciate the help, I'm new to mapping and I haven't quite gotten around to getting everything perfect, but I might redesign this map to be larger and have more cover.
For next time, you should have a layout planned before you start, and you should look at what other arena maps have done to get an idea of how to create yours.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
First, the layout is WAY TOO simple. Even orange has a more complicated one.
Second, it's never necessary to write gamemode in the name of map (unless Arena here is a name part), since there is a special fielf for the gamemode.

GameDrainer

Apr 9, 2016
First, the layout is WAY TOO simple. Even orange has a more complicated one.
Second, it's never necessary to write gamemode in the name of map (unless Arena here is a name part), since there is a special fielf for the gamemode.
I'm working on a much more complex map that I believe will be better, also I'm new so I've been learning how I should properly set out titles and other things so thanks for the help!