arecibo

ULTIDUO arecibo v1

epitome

L1: Registered
Dec 4, 2021
arecibo - Ultiduo map based off of hyrdo's dish point a bit

A map for the 2v2 medic/soldier ultiduo gamemode
Uses an inset radar dish like the irl arecibo as the point with sheet metal suspended above it
20211205142524_1.jpg

20211205120359_1.jpg

KNOWN ISSUES:
-To prevent the doors from z-clipping when retracting, I just put a brush along the wall above them, meaning you can stand on these brushes. They're so out of the way and I couldn't think of anything else, so I left them for now
-The lighting's mediocre. I like the warmth it has, but the shadows (especially on the pillars) are a tad too dark
-I didn't put in a glass element for the spawns, mainly because I just wanted to finally publish atleast something and not have to redisign the entire spawn rooms
-To fix lighting issues with the dish, I had to make them brushes, meaning that ragdolls fall through them. Weapons and ammo boxes don't though, so I just left it because a) it's funny and b) I'm lazy

FEATURES TO KNOW:
-You can ramp slide on the ramps in the corners as well as the dish with enough speed
-You can pogo up the pillars to their top. I've done it from the suspended sheet metal in the center with 3 and from the pillar's base in 4
-To get to the suspended sheet metal: wall jump off of a pillar, c-tap from the edge of the dish, or c-tap and make a uturn in the air from the center of the point
-You can cap the point from the ground, although you need to stand fairly close the nipple
-The suspended ray gun in the middle has no collision, so don't be afraid to jump or shoot through it