Areaportals

O

Osten

Hi!

About areaportals.. I'm a big noob, a week old maybe, so this is probably a quick easy question:

I get an areaportal leak. I don't think I understand completely, because it is seems not to be like the other leaks but plays alone in a corner.

What confuses me is when I load the pointfile I get a red line from an areaportal up into the sky. O_O hi. I don't get it.

O

Osten

Right, sorry, I know what an areaportal leak is now, but.. I'm still abit confused because the line just goes to show me that no, there is no lieak and the area is sealed. Thanxzz little red debug-line, you rock my world. At least with normal leaks, they go to where it is.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
I have had that problem before, for me *i stress me* i just deleted and remade my skybox roof/piece. It was weird as well, the line went right in the middle *through* the skybox.

Also another issue i had was texturing a clip =) that caused a leak with no reason.

O

Osten

My bad! I fixed it! But no thanks to the pointfile :) Isn't it supposed to go back and show the loop back to the areaportal again or something? It just went up in the middle of the skybox and showed me "here. look, it's obvious. the sky is leaking your stuff. yes."

But on another areaportal leak it was very clear and showed the way around.
Anyway, thanks!
I'm welcome.

[edit] ah, so my sky is leaking after all! Thanks mr.DJive.

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
Sometimes that line in the pointfile can be a little confusing. I find I generally have to find the entity it begins at and follow it in the 3D view very closely until it finally passes through a gap where a worldbrush should be. Even then it can be difficult to decipher, but over time you get used to what that little red line is trying to tell you.