areaportal leak through world brushes

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
i'm getting areaportal leaks where the pointfile goes from the area portal, to the origin of a worldbrush, and then back out again.
i've deletedboth, remade both, but it still is happening.

any ideas?

GrimGriz

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 2, 2009
make sure the areaportal makes a complete enclosure. It's like a skybox within the map.

Screens would help also

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
it is completely enclosed.
when it's not i can trace a path.
what it does is goes from one face of teh areaportal, into a world brush, to the origin of a world brush, and then back out on the side it went in.

i'll add a screen later when i have time to load up hammer

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
you must have atleast 1 kind of entity. A prop, light or anything. Beside areaportals. If you compile with atleast 1 entity and still have a problem, then im not sure what it can be.

Ezekel

Dec 16, 2008
you must have atleast 1 kind of entity. A prop, light or anything. Beside areaportals. If you compile with atleast 1 entity and still have a problem, then im not sure what it can be.

ah that would explain it - i've been compiling it without any entities enabled (besides areaportals of course) in order to get a look at the portal file.
i'll turn on some other entities next time.
thx

Aug 19, 2008
i got these kind of errors several times, solved them, but forgot how :(

-disable visgroups all except world and areaportal, then compile, might get clearer that way
-see if the areaportal touches and doesn´t overlap or overstand on any side
-such an error could be due to another leak somewhere else, i think that was the solution to my problem, exchange the areaportal with a worldbrush for testing, and see if there is another leak