Area portal

Haggis

L2: Junior Member
Jan 19, 2009
I have tried using this brush in my map but when I go to compile it I see the brush I made with area portal written all over it.What do I have to do to get the brush not to show up.

maxtraxv2

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2009
use: tools/toolsnodraw

and if its a trigger it may be some think wasn't setup right

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
You need to tie it to a func areaportal if you want to use area portals in your map. But what you've given, it is hard to tell what you actually want to do?

Haggis

Jan 19, 2009
Sorry guys,im adding hint and skip brushes to my map to make it run better after compiling.I have looked at decompiled Valve maps and have seen area_portals,i have read up on them and have a little understanding of what they do but as i said before the brushes show up in my map.The area_portals in the decompiled valve maps are not tied to anything.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Don't trust decompiled maps as they are NOT a true representation of the original source file.

You need to cover every face of the areaportal with tools/toolsareaportal and tie it to func_areaportal.

Haggis

Jan 19, 2009
LOL no it hansn't,i get a leak message when compiling,the surrounding brushes are not func_detail and after checking them again there is no space between the brushes.Does it matter if the brush has been vertexed.This is the message i get

Areaportal leak ! File: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\garbageraven\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\Kamkatcha_lab.lin
Brush 816315: areaportal brush doesn't touch two areas

Brush 816313: areaportal brush doesn't touch two areas

Aug 19, 2008
go to map-->load pointfile
you shouldn´t be able to draw a line from one side to another, one side of the area portal needs to be closed off from the other. only things that seal off rooms for areaportals are: world brushes, areaportals, sky-brushes