Are events possible to make on maps?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by rococoscout, Jul 24, 2010.

1. rococoscout

rococoscout L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Well I've played on a map called towertop and it has like flooding ,and the moon dropping from the sky. I kinda wanted to do something like that. Thanks if you can get to this

2. Mr.Late

Mr.Late L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. WilliamBoo

WilliamBoo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    The water flooding was done via a func_water_analog, the moon falling was done with a train in the skybox (the impact with env_shake, particle effects and an ambient_generic).

If you're refering to how I triggered the events at the start of each round I used a logic_case triggered on a new round (via a logic_auto) to select an event to be played (PickRandom). You could combine it with a logic_timer to have a random event triggered every so often.

I hope that's answered all your questions, but if you have any more ask away (I didn't realise anybody still played towertop)!

4. Beetle

Beetle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Its all about using entities in a way that wasn't intended.

5. rococoscout

rococoscout L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    i have another question is there a progame where its like rollercoaster tycoon and you just set props down and walls and stuff

6. Ginger

Ginger L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    For mapping with source games? No, its all brush based and you have to draw it out etc, Rct3 is much simpler :D Great game though

• Thanks Thanks x 1