Arch tips Question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by phantombadger, Jan 25, 2011.

1. phantombadger

phantombadger L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I came across a way of making an easy in place Arch and searched a tutorial and found nothing.

Is there a tip or tutorial that anyone knows of or shall I make one?

2. Attsy

Attsy L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    With the tool that looks like a block selected, on the right hand side where it says 'primitives' and a little drop down box which says 'Block'. Drop it down to arch.

Also in the preferences menu and the 2d tab, you can select to make it scale to the original bounding rectangle.

(this was all done from what I can remember so sorry if its a bit off, after sometime I only remember the position on the screen)

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Just watch out, because sometime it doesn't come out to be a "perfect" arch, its more pointy, You will ahve to do some vertex manipulation. Also, it may be sideways when you create it... just, keep that in mind.

4. re1wind

aa re1wind

Positive Ratings:
    arches are best made in the top view, as you get to see the arch head on, making it easier to create and manipulate.

5. phantombadger

phantombadger L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well I found that If I to get the arch I want and the pitch I want: I Create a block for the space, Rotate -90 Y, Fill the block with the arch tool, create it, rotate the arch back 90 Y and I get an arch that fits my needs Mostly. I had to do this cuz EVERY time I Created one it would be on its side facing down, which is great for making holes, but rotating the arch would not translate correctly when stretched and manipulated to fit the Area I wanted.

6. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    arch prefab for the brush tool works pretty well, doesn't it
    no need for a tutorial on that imo