Arch tips Question

phantombadger

L2: Junior Member
Sep 20, 2008
I came across a way of making an easy in place Arch and searched a tutorial and found nothing.

Is there a tip or tutorial that anyone knows of or shall I make one?

Attsy

L3: Member
Jan 31, 2010
With the tool that looks like a block selected, on the right hand side where it says 'primitives' and a little drop down box which says 'Block'. Drop it down to arch.

Also in the preferences menu and the 2d tab, you can select to make it scale to the original bounding rectangle.

(this was all done from what I can remember so sorry if its a bit off, after sometime I only remember the position on the screen)

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
arches are best made in the top view, as you get to see the arch head on, making it easier to create and manipulate.

phantombadger

L2: Junior Member
Sep 20, 2008
Well I found that If I to get the arch I want and the pitch I want: I Create a block for the space, Rotate -90 Y, Fill the block with the arch tool, create it, rotate the arch back 90 Y and I get an arch that fits my needs Mostly. I had to do this cuz EVERY time I Created one it would be on its side facing down, which is great for making holes, but rotating the arch would not translate correctly when stretched and manipulated to fit the Area I wanted.

REEJ

L420: High Member
Aug 26, 2010
arch prefab for the brush tool works pretty well, doesn't it
no need for a tutorial on that imo