Applying Texture Problems.

YouMustDestroy

L1: Registered
Jun 23, 2009
Alright, so I'm pretty new with Hammer, but I've got the gist of it after doing research for about 2 hours and doing some test maps in Hammer.

But I have a problem.

I browse the textures and I picked out "brick/brickwall001". Afterward, I clicked on the selection tool, selected the wall to apply the texture to and then click the "apply texture" (if that is what it's called; whatever is beneath the Face Edit Sheet) tool.

In the camera screen, I still see the wire frame and not the texture I applied. This happens on each wall, floor or ceiling I try and apply the texture to. It's as if it doesn't want to work period.

Any ideas?

ChickenLover

L2: Junior Member
Jun 28, 2008
Click on where it says "Camera" in the view and select 3D Shaded Textured Polygons or 3D Textured.

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
Since you're new to texturing, thought I would share a nice trick with you that somebody here told me about a year ago that helped me big time. Texturing angles was a problem for me, could never figure out how to align the texture with the angle, like on support beam that are angled that go into the vertical support beams. Click on the face of the texture on the vertical beam and copy the texture to the face down angled piece of your support and apply the texture. The click on the face down texture of the angled support and click ALT to copy that angled texture and apply it to the side of the angled support. Not sure if I explained that good enough but you will need to know this if you are doing angled work for roof ends and other stuff.