1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Aperture Tag: The Paint Testing Initiative Thread

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Berry, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Berry

aa Berry spooky scary skeletons

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Steam hub

Currently has trading cards and stuff, released yesterday. 30% off until 22nd July.

[​IMG]

Steam screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    So, now that we're over a week out of release.

Is it really as bad as the review make it out to be? I honestly wasn't impressed with the marketing material they had and even the provided 'final' screenshots made it look rather lackluster.

3. TyeZenneth

TyeZenneth L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Terrible voice acting, terrible co-op, a complete lack of content (to the point of recycling Portal 2 levels) and just all-around not-fun-ness, if the reviews are to believed.

4. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Its frustrating on how many things aren't clipped correctly. I am so tired of being stuck or fall out of the map.

5. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    I agree the voice actor for the new core is terrible, every time he talks it jolts me out of the game. Haven't tried the co-op so I can't comment on that. I didn't mind replaying the few P2 levels, it was a neat nod to the original game; I thought that zooming past the old Aperture levels you visit in P2 was really cool though. The blue gel-only levels are very boring, it's just covering everything in gel then bouncing for a few minutes before somehow getting to the exit. The levels that give you both gels are a bit better, but every single puzzle that heavily relies on gels is just "make an orange runway and a blue jumppad at the end".

The thing that stood out as particularly bad was the final escape. How bad was it? So bad that the level designers put in an option to skip it altogether. Whereas Portal and Portal 2 slightly push and guide the player so they can play smoothly (mainly the portal funnel effect where the game guides you into a portal as you're falling), the final escape completely lacks this: there's very little room for error, and combined with the way the paint gun behaves (paint spews from the center of the screen instead of from the gun; it also comes out just not fast enough to run on orange gel at full speed) it makes the level really unfun. I spent a good thirty minutes trying to get through it, laughing every time I died because of how bullshit each death was.

Overall the mod might be worth $7, but you might as well download some custom P2 campaigns and have the same amount of fun for free.

• Thanks Thanks x 2