Anyone bored enough to take a look at my map idea?

youngoli

L1: Registered
May 13, 2010
Untitled-1.jpg

Ideally, it would be a jungle themed arena map, featured mostly underground and against the walls of a chasm. (Please ignore the circled part that says CTF).

I know the image is pretty confusing, but the basic gist is that the crescent shape on the small map represents the chasm and most of the rooms next to it feature open walls and balconies, while the rest are completely underground. The chasm itself allows for pretty open gameplay, and crossing it can let you flank the other team. As for the jungle aesthetic, it's something I haven't seen done much except maybe in tc_meridian, and this map seemed like a very nice solution to the problem, allowing the jungle aesthetic to come on strong without having to use too much actual jungle textures and models.

So why don't I do this myself? Trust me, I'd never be able to finish. It's not that I can't do use Hammer, but that I always lose interest in map-making halfway through, and I thought this idea seemed too good to die like that. I'd prefer it if someone would make the map, although since it's not really up to me that's more of a request than a demand. Also, if you have any questions about my horribly drawn diagrams, ask away.