Any way I can make certain textures look less contrasted with high shader detail?

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
i have all tf2 video settings set to low, because my comp is kinda weak. today i decided to check how my map will look like with high settings and quite a few textures look very different from low shader detail version.

the texture brick/brickwall002 is way too bright, the texture brick/cobblewall001 is way too contrasty and the texture concrete/concretefloor007 look more light blue than gray.

is there any way i can make these textures in high shader detail mode look more like low shader detail mode?

Untitled-32.jpg

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
A lot of textures have additional texture information stored in bump/normal maps. If you have certain shaders off, then the shadows rendered "in" the texture arn't shown, losing even the simplest of details, like brick definition, or the corrugated effect on most of the metal walls (which would be your contrast issues as you notice on your cobble wall).

As for colour changes, i can't really see it in that screenshot myself. 2fort uses a colour correct entity but i'm not actually sure what it does for the map... i think hydro is the only other map that actually uses it but i could be wrong. It might be worth looking into it.

As for the bright wall, that could be a number of things and HDR is the most likely candidate as YM said (although not necasserily). The only other thing is that it looks like you have really weird environment light settings; your maps really yellow.