Any Suggestions For A Wall Texture?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by World Of Frisbee Crisis, Mar 31, 2008.

1. World Of Frisbee Crisis

World Of Frisbee Crisis L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been using the texture below for the walls of my map, but they don't really fit all too well. Any recommendations?
    [​IMG]

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Kinda depends the theme of your map. You do want to stick to Team Fortress 2 textures though. You can do this by typing "tf" in the keywords for browse texture.

3. World Of Frisbee Crisis

World Of Frisbee Crisis L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm sort of going for a "military testing maze" sort of theme. I was only using the citadel materials to make the outline so I can change the textures to make it look better.

4. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    nooooooo!! hl2 textures don't work??? my map-in-progress is filled with hl2 textures.

5. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Well there are a few problems about HL2 textures in tf2.

1. Not everyone who has tf2, has HL2. So in order to let them you need to package up all those textures when getting your map up which can really increase the file size.

2. HL2 textures do not fit the tf2 theme, and hence look weird.

6. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    My only suggestion is don't limit yourself to textures labeled as wall, and make sure you stretch them a bit. I often wind up using the same texture for ceiling and floor, and matching the walls to them.

7. VelvetFistIronGlove

aa VelvetFistIronGlove

Positive Ratings:
    This is a common misunderstanding. If you've selected "Team Fortress 2" in Source SDK, then the material browser shows only TF2 materials plus materials in the source shared libraries -- and anyone with TF2 will have access to all of these. Even Valve use quite a number of "HL2 textures" in their TF2 maps.

8. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Shhht did you really have to tell them :laugh: