Any Suggestions For A Wall Texture?

World Of Frisbee Crisis

L2: Junior Member
Mar 31, 2008
I've been using the texture below for the walls of my map, but they don't really fit all too well. Any recommendations?
the_maze0003.jpg

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Kinda depends the theme of your map. You do want to stick to Team Fortress 2 textures though. You can do this by typing "tf" in the keywords for browse texture.

World Of Frisbee Crisis

L2: Junior Member
Mar 31, 2008
I'm sort of going for a "military testing maze" sort of theme. I was only using the citadel materials to make the outline so I can change the textures to make it look better.

bob+M|M+

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 31, 2008
Kinda depends the theme of your map. You do want to stick to Team Fortress 2 textures though. You can do this by typing "tf" in the keywords for browse texture.

nooooooo!! hl2 textures don't work??? my map-in-progress is filled with hl2 textures.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Well there are a few problems about HL2 textures in tf2.

1. Not everyone who has tf2, has HL2. So in order to let them you need to package up all those textures when getting your map up which can really increase the file size.

2. HL2 textures do not fit the tf2 theme, and hence look weird.

Dec 25, 2007
Not everyone who has tf2, has HL2. So in order to let them you need to package up all those textures when getting your map up which can really increase the file size.
This is a common misunderstanding. If you've selected "Team Fortress 2" in Source SDK, then the material browser shows only TF2 materials plus materials in the source shared libraries -- and anyone with TF2 will have access to all of these. Even Valve use quite a number of "HL2 textures" in their TF2 maps.

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
This is a common misunderstanding. If you've selected "Team Fortress 2" in Source SDK, then the material browser shows only TF2 materials plus materials in the source shared libraries -- and anyone with TF2 will have access to all of these. Even Valve use quite a number of "HL2 textures" in their TF2 maps.

Shhht did you really have to tell them :laugh: