Any idea where this texture came from?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
After IcyEyes posted his launcher, I decided to get back to work on Turbine2, and looking around I discovered that one of my textures had turned out to be custom: metal/ibeam001_medium. It looks like this:

71x.png

And, uh... yeah. I have no earthy clue where it might have come from originally. The date modified is listed as 7/5/2010. I like to at least know who all my custom assets came from, and this is the only one I don't remember ever getting, so... does anyone have a clue who might have made a small pack of metal beam textures? There's also a blueish one and a thin version of the white one (or a white version of the thin one) that I believe came from the same source, whatever that might have been.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
...anyone?

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
I'm confused since that looks a lot like a stock texture.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
The stock texture is just ibeam001 (not _medium). Check the VMT to see the difference for why someone edited it. Where it came from, I dunno. But you could probably just mass-replace it with the stock version.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
It's a shrunken-down version of ibeam001, with the middle half cut out, essentially. I guess it's not too big of a deal, then; if it ever ended up in a map Valve buys, they could just recreate it from their source files.