Any idea where this texture came from?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Pocket, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    After IcyEyes posted his launcher, I decided to get back to work on Turbine2, and looking around I discovered that one of my textures had turned out to be custom: metal/ibeam001_medium. It looks like this:

[​IMG]

And, uh... yeah. I have no earthy clue where it might have come from originally. The date modified is listed as 7/5/2010. I like to at least know who all my custom assets came from, and this is the only one I don't remember ever getting, so... does anyone have a clue who might have made a small pack of metal beam textures? There's also a blueish one and a thin version of the white one (or a white version of the thin one) that I believe came from the same source, whatever that might have been.

2. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    ...anyone?

3. Beetle

Beetle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm confused since that looks a lot like a stock texture.

4. DonutVikingChap

DonutVikingChap L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    That is a stock texture, I have used it several times in infiltration. (Unless it's a slightly modified version)

5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    The stock texture is just ibeam001 (not _medium). Check the VMT to see the difference for why someone edited it. Where it came from, I dunno. But you could probably just mass-replace it with the stock version.

6. phi

aa phi Let Pain Be Your Guide

Positive Ratings:
    It's pretty much just a stock texture (ibeam001) with the middle bit cut out.

7. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    It's a shrunken-down version of ibeam001, with the middle half cut out, essentially. I guess it's not too big of a deal, then; if it ever ended up in a map Valve buys, they could just recreate it from their source files.