Another wannabe mapper here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NerdKoopa, Nov 1, 2009.

1. NerdKoopa

NerdKoopa L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, I'm NerdKoopa. There's a good chance that you have seen me on a vanilla server as a BLU Medic (usually getting owned by everyone). I started mapping recently and the outcome was my first ever functioning map, koth_storage. It might be a little small and faulty, but hey, we all gotta start from somewhere! Speaking of maps, my favourite official maps are pl_badwater, koth_sawmill and cp_dustbowl (in that order). Koth_storage_b2 can be found here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2811

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Now what are your favorite... CUSTOM MAPS?

Haha, welcome aboard buddy. Try out our server this weekend if you want to see some awesome plr and a/d ctf maps, we're running our contest rotation and would love to see opinions of everyone's about it.

3. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to TF2Maps.net! Do you have any screen shots you could show us?

4. Arturus

Arturus L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I hope you like the support that most TF2 Mappers will give.

I advise starting off small, and attempting to get everyone interested in what you're doing. Generally, when a mapper makes maps, he fills all parts of the production, (Unlike lucky valve, who have a person for each job in the chain ) It is good to learn some decent photoshopping, and modeling skills, so these can be applied to your maps.

Good luck.

5. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome! Click the first link in TPG's sig, go on..... do it.

6. NerdKoopa

NerdKoopa L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I haven't played enough on custom maps to find my favourites yet, but ctf_aerospace is still pretty darn good! :)

7. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome here!

8. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    bonjour, buenas noches, buenos dias, good day, good morning, greetings, hey, hi, hi-ya, how are you, how goes it, howdy, howdy-do, shalom, welcome, what's happening and what's up!

9. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    Valve maps are done by one person, with one (or sometimes two) artist(s). Sometimes (like with Goldrush) no artist is needed.

Hey there, I'm zpqrei, I like taking apart people's arguments, and spending ridiculous amounts of time detailing alphas. *extends hand for handshake*

10. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Well those people also get paid for that.

11. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings: