Another wannabe mapper here!

NerdKoopa

L1: Registered
Nov 1, 2009
Hi, I'm NerdKoopa. There's a good chance that you have seen me on a vanilla server as a BLU Medic (usually getting owned by everyone). I started mapping recently and the outcome was my first ever functioning map, koth_storage. It might be a little small and faulty, but hey, we all gotta start from somewhere! Speaking of maps, my favourite official maps are pl_badwater, koth_sawmill and cp_dustbowl (in that order). Koth_storage_b2 can be found here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2811

Last edited:

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Now what are your favorite... CUSTOM MAPS?

Haha, welcome aboard buddy. Try out our server this weekend if you want to see some awesome plr and a/d ctf maps, we're running our contest rotation and would love to see opinions of everyone's about it.

Arturus

Oct 30, 2009
I hope you like the support that most TF2 Mappers will give.

I advise starting off small, and attempting to get everyone interested in what you're doing. Generally, when a mapper makes maps, he fills all parts of the production, (Unlike lucky valve, who have a person for each job in the chain ) It is good to learn some decent photoshopping, and modeling skills, so these can be applied to your maps.

Good luck.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Welcome! Click the first link in TPG's sig, go on..... do it.

NerdKoopa

Nov 1, 2009
Now what are your favorite... CUSTOM MAPS?

Haha, welcome aboard buddy. Try out our server this weekend if you want to see some awesome plr and a/d ctf maps, we're running our contest rotation and would love to see opinions of everyone's about it.

I haven't played enough on custom maps to find my favourites yet, but ctf_aerospace is still pretty darn good! :)

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
bonjour, buenas noches, buenos dias, good day, good morning, greetings, hey, hi, hi-ya, how are you, how goes it, howdy, howdy-do, shalom, welcome, what's happening and what's up!

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
I hope you like the support that most TF2 Mappers will give.

I advise starting off small, and attempting to get everyone interested in what you're doing. Generally, when a mapper makes maps, he fills all parts of the production, (Unlike lucky valve, who have a person for each job in the chain ) It is good to learn some decent photoshopping, and modeling skills, so these can be applied to your maps.

Good luck.

Valve maps are done by one person, with one (or sometimes two) artist(s). Sometimes (like with Goldrush) no artist is needed.

Hey there, I'm zpqrei, I like taking apart people's arguments, and spending ridiculous amounts of time detailing alphas. *extends hand for handshake*