Another Elevator Thread

AtomicKirb

L1: Registered
Jun 2, 2011
Hey all, my first post and thread on TF2maps. I'm currently having a problem with my first payload map, and it's driving me nuts. The first control point is located on the mid-point platform from well, and what I want to happen, is when BLU captures the first cp, the platform begins rising up with the cart, tracks, and any players on it at the time to the second level. After it reaches the second level, it will never return to the ground, nor will there be roll-back applied to it when it begins to rise, and the cart will then continue on it's way to the other cp's. I have racked my brain for quite some time, and every attempt I make either ends in disaster, or simply doesn’t work at all. I know some of what I need to do, such as setting an output for the cp to start the elevator when it is captured, and to make sure the cart and platform move in unison, but other than that I'm lost. NO idea weather to parent the platform to a func_tracktrain or move_linear, or if this type of elevator would even be possible to do in TF2. I've received much help from this site before, between A Boojum Snark's Mapping Resource Pack, grazr's threads on immersion and the like, and much more, so I'm hoping the forums will come to the rescue again. Many thanks, Kirb.

AtomicKirb

L1: Registered
Jun 2, 2011
do players have to stand on the platform for it to rise or does it go up by itself

Player's will need to only capture the first point for the elevator to move up. They are free to leave the platform and the cart alone for the duration of it's movement.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
If they are going to stand on the platform while the elevator is going up, then things get tricky... this and this will help.

If you just need a little platform that players won't be standing on, then you can just parent a func_door or a func_brush to the cart. and then when you're at the top, clear the parent. (you can set/clear parents with an I/O command... SetParent and ClearParent)