1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Annoying line

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by noodleboy347, Jan 9, 2010.

1. noodleboy347

noodleboy347 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi guys, I have this really annoying problem whenever I try to make a map in anything (TF2, Portal, etc.) where in between 2 different brushes there is a line that almost seems like there's a small gap between the brushes even though there actually isn't. Here is an example. I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong >.<

Could anyone help me?

2. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    couldn't it just be that orange texture (that can be seen on the right side) shining through the brushes ?
    if it should look fine ingame, and you didn't do some crazy command operation but just placed 2 brushes on top of each other, i think you're all fine to go

3. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    Oh god I hate this when it happens in my maps. As far as I know you can't do anything, in fact you can actually see this happening in some of valve's maps, infact there's an obvious one in pl_hoodoo as well in a spawn room

4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Its a graphics card thing. Not to say that your card is broken in any way though... It just... happens on certain cards.

I used to get it on my old ATI Radeon cards but since I swapped to my nVidia gtx 285 I've had no problems with it.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  5. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    In other words, your obsolete graphics card needs an upgrade.

AT this rate, nVidia should be giving me a new one for free.

nah jk you dont need to upgrade.

6. noodleboy347

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah it's been on all of my maps and it's extremely noticeable but I don't really seem to see it on other maps...

And I have a 9800 GT so I don't think I would need an upgrade. I'll try playing around with the graphics card settings and see what I get.

7. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Could you post a screenshot?

Oh and it might not be the card, I am using a 8800gt and it still can run TF2 maxed out with 60FPS

8. noodleboy347

Positive Ratings:
    I posted a screenshot in the first post, that's basically what every wall meeting up with a floor looks like.

9. noodleboy347

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, does this have anything to do with antialiasing?