Animating robot models

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Archmage MC, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Archmage MC

Archmage MC L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    So I need a couple robot merc models animated for a map using Prop_dynamic. However for a vast majority of the animations, the robot will lay down to do the animation instead of stand up. How do I fix this?

2. Exactol

aa Exactol Certified Hammer Hacker

Positive Ratings:
    I advise you not to do this. When I made a small room full of robots with the stun animation, it would cause players ping to spike really high.

3. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    You need to do a choreographed scene so that you can overlay multiple animations on top of each other.

4. Archmage MC

Positive Ratings:
    How would I go about doing this? I should mention this isn't in SFM but in TF2 itself.

Also, on a related note, where can I find the skeleton files of the robot mercs so I can import them into maya and see how weapons attach to bones? Esp the huntsman.

5. Archmage MC

Positive Ratings:
    OK, I was able to fix the animations somewhat by reorienting them. Now I'm running into a major issue where only the Soldier model has the ability to SetParentAttachmentMaintainOffset to Weapon_bone, the other models, including player models, do not have the ability to use this command to attach weapons to them. Is there a round-about way I can attach weapons to these models so the weapon moves with the model as it animates?

EDIT: Found the solution. HLMV is my new friend.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014