An Idea for an Easier Alternative to Hammer??

SuggestiveFruit[TOSx]

L1: Registered
Nov 25, 2017
Call me a 9-year-old, but I used to create a ton of half-finished games with Roblox Studio. It was incredibly easy to use and I picked up Lua pretty quickly. Ever since I started trying (and failing) to make maps with Hammer, I've wished there was some alternative so my lazy ass wouldn't have to actually LEARN how to use it. Who has time to learn nowadays anyway? Anyway, my fantasy and dream come true would be to be able to create maps with Roblox Studio or something like it. Anyone feel like making a way? (I'm not expecting anyone to, just wishing someone would.)

SuggestiveFruit[TOSx]

Nov 25, 2017
Well, after a quick google search I came across one unfinished plugin for exporting brushes to a vmf file: https://www.roblox.com/library/170244312/Source-Engine-vmf-Exporter-Unfinished.
Still, it is best that you learn Hammer because you wouldn’t be able to do any logic or model placement, which are both pretty essential.
Holy shit, I did not know this existed! So what do you mean by unfinished, does it still work? Also, I know how to use Hammer, it's just annoying to use lmao.

Pixel Brush

L3: Member
May 5, 2018
A program like that'd be kinda funny. But I think Hammer is already good enought.

You just gotta get use to it and reference the Valve Developer thingy. It really helps.

(or just watch some YouTube Tutorials)

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Have you tried Crash's tutorials? He does a really good job of explaining it for beginners.

SuggestiveFruit[TOSx]

Nov 25, 2017
Thanks, everybody for offering up tutorials and such, I'm fairly certain I've watched all of Crash's tutorials as well! It isn't that Hammer isn't good enough, or that I don't know how to use it, it's just that it COULD be better. Anyway, sadly the plugin DaDema mentioned isn't working at all, so I might just look into fixing it myself or finding something else, in the meantime, I'm probably going to just use Hammer for now! Thanks again, guys!