Ambient_generic ONLY during "waiting for players"?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by bkb, Oct 16, 2008.

1. bkb

bkb L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey all.

I'm trying to get an ambient generic sound to play during the "waiting for players" but then I DON'T want it to play when the round begins..

I can get the sound to play just fine, but I can't get it to NOT play when the round begins. I've tried using setup time inputs to turn it off and it won't work. (I don't want a setup time, but I tried a 1 sec setup to see and it didn't work anyway).

Any ideas? Kinda stuck on this one.. :confused:

2. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    so...you don't want a setup...so...shouldn't you just be able to have the team_round_timer send an onRoundStart, disable output to the ambient generic?
    Or you could try adding a logic relay into that, have the timer trigger the logic relay which disables the ambient generic onRoundStart?

3. bkb

bkb L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I tried to stop sound with onroundstart like you mentioned.. but it doesn't work. What happens then is, no sound at all. I guess "waiting for players" is roundstart as well? i dunno.

Logic relay? Haven't used that one yet. :p

4. Uriak

Uriak L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Try shutting down the ambient generic via the On1sRemain of tf_timer. (put a 2s setup)

And logic_relay is your best friend. Ever. This baby avoided me at least one hundred ouput typing in snaketemple

5. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
  6. Apom

Apom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    My suggestion (entirely not tested, just something I thought about) would be to use a math_counter. Increment it by one on round start (which, as you properly deduced, is activated during the waiting time). Whenever it reaches the value 2, disable the ambient_generic. This could hypothetically work.

7. Big Lou

Big Lou L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Do this if you aren't using setup time already:

Set it to play on map load. Then, create a setup timer of .1 seconds. Have it disable after setup time.