Ambient_Generic has a low volume

BlurGamer

L1: Registered
Dec 14, 2016
Hi im making a map where when you grab the Intelligence, A few red lights turn on and a alarm plays, I used ambient_generic but the range of ambient_generic is too low, I want the sound to be abble to hear in the entire base. I tried to increse the volume, But the limit is 10 and it still too low.

-Im using Official TF2 sounds

-I tried "Play everywhere" but it Cover the whole map and i don't what that

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Or you can increase the radius of the ambient_generic. There's a property in it that you can set with a number, but if you want a visual representation, turn on the "Helpers" with this button :helpers: (near the end of the option list at the top of hammer). Then select the entity, and you will see a big yellow circle around it in the 3D view (you might have to zoom out to see it because it might be big). Then in the 2D views, where you will also see the yellow circle, you can drag it out and make it bigger.

Either way works, but remember that with the other way, when you run through the base you will hear the alarm from different places, which actually might be cool if you want to have like different alarm speakers or something like that.

I hope this helped!

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
...Wait a damn minute, I'm using that too!

BlurGamer

L1: Registered
Dec 14, 2016
I
Or you can increase the radius of the ambient_generic. There's a property in it that you can set with a number, but if you want a visual representation, turn on the "Helpers" with this button :helpers: (near the end of the option list at the top of hammer). Then select the entity, and you will see a big yellow circle around it in the 3D view (you might have to zoom out to see it because it might be big). Then in the 2D views, where you will also see the yellow circle, you can drag it out and make it bigger.

Either way works, but remember that with the other way, when you run through the base you will hear the alarm from different places, which actually might be cool if you want to have like different alarm speakers or something like that.

I hope this helped!

I alredy did that, Anyways i just did what Werewolf told me, And it worked.

Anyways, Thanks for your help :D