Am I the only one who thinks...

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Prop, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Prop

Prop L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    That Tf2 has been getting a bit out of hand?

Due to all these new items and all these new hats and different types of weapons that are rare. Heck, the trading servers a more full than the actual playing server.

I remember the days back in 2007 when I played, there were no items. No items at all. And I wish it could go back to those days where the only new thinkgs were new maps. I think its fine when they had all the class updates.. but now its getting overhand with the shop and everything.

Am I the only who thinks this?

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Yes and No.

I don't hate or really care about the new updates, most of them are fun and I just work around whatever they throw at me.

The game is still fun and that is all I care about.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Prop

Positive Ratings:
    It still is fun, I agree but, there are to much updates. They should have just stuck with the majors

4. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    No, you're not the only one that thinks. I sometimes think too.
    (i read only the title tho)

edit: read post. big updates are nice, but they should have more time inbetween imo

5. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I liked TF2 because i could load up the game, join a server and play a game with no interruptions. Now i have to seive through idle/trade servers that fill two thirds of the server list and put up with being trade request spammed for my vintage items when actually in game. Not to mention all the chat spam "selling this" "want to buy that".

TF2 feels very much like a christmas tree at the moment. Fancy particles everywhere, presents dished out randomly that are more than likely gonna alienate you from your fellow tf2 siblings; and at the end of the holiday you're left cleaning green pine leaves out of the carpet for a week.

Or did i imagine that last part.

But yes, it's all fancified and overdone and it will only get "worse".

6. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    I already said it in the other thread but i say it here too.

I am still fine with these updates and enjoy tf2 just as much i enjoyed it when i first got it.

7. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    See Grazr here's what you do... Only Join Tf2maps, Simiancage and Seigns.de servers. That's all I ever do and i've never seen a idle or trade server because of it.

And No i do not think it's getting out of hand, i've enjoyed every update (except for that one with the new voice thing and other stuff which looked good on paper but infact is pretty useless the rest of the time).

I mean yes there's now about 5 weapons for each slot for each class etc but so?
    Do I care?
    Team Fortress could have the same graphics as the PS3 version of black ops and I'd still play it and it could be as over complicated as a facebook and i'd still play it.

I guess what i'm getting at is Tf2 will always be brilliant and I will love it pretty much whatever they do.

8. Tinker

aa Tinker

Positive Ratings:
    D:

• Thanks Thanks x 13
  9. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  10. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    well it's gotten out of hand around a year ago

yes it's still playable with guys you know, no I can't take it seriously anymore and stopped caring

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  11. Moose

Moose L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I never took tf2 seriously. Now that everything is ridiculous, the only reason I still enjoy playing is to get good at new weps that seem enjoyable. Also play on tf2m

12. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Relax i'm referring to them on a good day (when they're not loaded with bots, premium members and all that rubbish)

13. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    aren't they all the time

14. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun over my dead body

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

15. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  16. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    both of those alternatives suck and our servers havn't exactly been up to scratch either. Simiancage servers lag to hell with all the SM plugins and not to mention i get terrible rates in them for some reason and i don't even need to mention seigns, i think everyone already knows.

This is also assuming the server browser works. It's like a 50/50 chance i'll have to wait for 40 minutes before i can even connect to a server.

17. English Mobster

English Mobster L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Eh, most of the time I'm able to find one server or another that I can play in.
    The game is still enjoyable, and that's what matters. It's always been fast-paced and chaotic, all the new updates have done is accentuate that.
    The only "slow-paced" classes are the Spy/Sniper (and occasionally defensive turtle engie), where you have to make each and every one of your shots count. Everyone else has been Spawn/Shoot/Die over and over, that's always been how the game is, and all the updates have done is exaggerate it.

18. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    Just take an hour to blacklist all the rubbish server :D
    Besides, that. Use the filters to remove the laggy servers from the list.

I hav'nt been bothered by items and updates and such... Well, at least untill those space guns came... Those are just stupid and ridiculus :<

19. Prop

Positive Ratings:
    Ruined the soilder... IT DOESNT EVEN MATCH THE CLASS!

20. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry. My grammar senses are tingling. The title should read "Am I the only one who thinks..." That refers to inanimate objects.

As for the actual topic, I think it's still going strong. I haven't actually been playing the game in the super serious moods that I normally partake in other games. TF2 has come to be my relaxing game, and I find that perfectly OK.