Am I screwed?

MMaker

L1: Registered
Jul 13, 2009
Hi everybody,

I'm in the process of making a map for TF2, but I used textures and models from other games. Whatever was in the texture and models bank.

Well, I didn't modify any configuration file for neither of the SDK or Hammer, everything is all original and up-to-date files, but I do have CSS and HL2 installed too.

Still, I figured "if I selected "Team Fortress 2" before launching Hammer, I guess all the stuff available in the texture and models bank is restricted to TF2 mapping and should be available to everybody that has TF2!"

Am I wrong? :crying:

Thx

zornor

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 14, 2009
Using stuff from CS:S is against the EULA for it, so I wouldn't go ahead and use that. HL2, sure, but I'd delete the stuff from CS:S, or any other non-HL2 and non-TF2 games.

Since all the original HL2 props come with any Source engine game you should be fine for that.

MMaker

L1: Registered
Jul 13, 2009
Thanks for your reply, nubcake.

I'm actually using only what's available in the models and texture bank in Hammer when mapping for TF2.
I didn't extract any of them from a GCF archive to include them in the BSP of my map.

I'm just wondering if valve made every owned game's models and textures available for every game you can map for using Hammer? Or did they intelligibly allowed models and textures that every TF2 owner should have when they install the game.

Last edited:

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Valve does only give you the stuff that is allowed for the game. So you dont see CSS objects in the list of models or textures. You can avoid that but it would require you to edit some files (which is unrecommended). So you are all safe