Altus

Botervloot

L1: Registered
Feb 28, 2009
Hi,

You've probably never seen me before, maybe on FP (G-foxisus) and I'm new to TF2 mapping. I've never actually released anything, though I'm going to change that, by making a decent PL map.

I only have part of the BLU spawn, and I think I'll be working on this one for quite some time. Hopefully, it will be worth it.

I'm basicly making this thread to get commented on, what I'm doing right or wrong. Don't expect to see a lot of progress, I'm working on one speed: My speed.

This is the story so far:

BLU is secretly making a rocket, to be the first to land on the moon. They have their base stationed in the Kaukasus mountains. RED wants to be the first to land the moon too, and they have received this information.

It takes place on a mountain, where RED have made a Railgun to prevent BLU's rocket from launching. BLU has to destroy the Railgun by any means nessesary!

(Cliche: BLU = USA, RED = Soviet Union)

I'm looking for modellers, who can model me 1 thing: An eagles nest. If you're interested, please reply!

Thanks for reading :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Firest0rm

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 27, 2009
yeah, screenshots would be good
also, map names aren't supposed to be capitalized, are they?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Capitals in map names causes servers to crash.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
And dont forget to do some playtesting, that can never be bad ;)

[ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35"]http://forums.tf2maps.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35[/ame]

Botervloot

Feb 28, 2009
I've got a few. Ripped from the FP Map Pimpage thread:
24cw5tw.jpg

30kbr75.jpg

Cart comes along every 20 seconds

23vgx1l.jpg

Not much actual gameplay. More scenery.

I'm making gameplay atm. And most of it has been edited, these are like, a month old. But give you an impression.

And it's still too "Fresh". Once I've finished the first stage, I would like it on the "map testing rotation".

Last edited:

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
The floor on the first pic is too empty, and the lighting is a little bit boring, but textures and models are excellent :)

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
Nutomic, if that floor is for gameplay, it's fine. Maybe add some hazard tape somewhere but otherwise, it's a good clean area, I lke the dark lighting too.

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
at the end, depending on who wins, make an animation showing the rocket of the winning team landing on the moon, only to find...

A SECRET BASE.

where they find piles of recordings of the announcer and discover aliens are just playing back her voice to them.

creepy.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
the first two shots are sososomeh, but the last one is really nice, imo ! nice feel of detail and structure there ! keep on going !

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Okay i have to say im jealous at you grr :)

Botervloot

Feb 28, 2009
Lot's of postive reactions! :)

The BLU spawn is INSIDE the secret base, so you'll have a clean view of the rocket silo itself. I'll also add some creepy labs, and a missle controle room. Just for scenery. And the lighting in that third picture has been made a lot brighter, because I've made a few adjustments to the lighting.

I'm also making something "spectacular" in the main BLU spawn (rocket silo) and the main Red spawn (3th stage, secret).

Maybe I'm a bit sceptic about my work, I'm still tweaking the spawn, even though it's finished.

I'm going to try and post some more pictures later tonight.

Last edited:

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Omg 3th thats greater than 3rd.
If you think im grammer mickying im not 3th is a real word.

Botervloot

Feb 28, 2009
Did some more work on the outside area.

It's a small bunker, that could be useful for engineers (teleporters).

i6cyvd.jpg

n6z8li.jpg

2vts8cy.jpg

Anyone know how I can make the entrance side (right, first picture) more interesting?

And I'm aware of the blackish borders on the displacements, and the bloom overload.

Last edited: