Resource icon

CTF alpine_grass 2018-01-06

CafeineMan

L2: Junior Member
Jul 31, 2010
alpine_grass - A little ctf map at the moutain

NO BSP FOR NOW.

It's an old map that I wanted to take back (a turbine like ?).
The map isn't very big, not very long, but all in width and with a lot of different paths. Both flags are pretty close, but difficult to take I think.
Here is the first picture (the middle) :

20180106130017_1.jpg

Last edited:

CafeineMan

Jul 31, 2010
I don't like displacement (...and displacement don't like me). I'll do that later.
You mean empty ? I hope it's only a feeling, the map is small.
Thank for the valuation ! ;)

red3pit

High on melancholy
aa
Dec 3, 2016
You mean empty ? I hope it's only a feeling, the map is small.
By flat, he most possibly meant flat. Looks like all the ground is on one level, with only height differences being few platforms.

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
I wouldn't say, "too flat," until the map is played. I mean, Granary is flat. It still works. The interiors of that map have height to them.

For now, I would warn against detailing too much in the early stages of your map. If you make layout changes you'll have to redesign a lot of your detail work, and ideally you don't want to have to delete a bunch of work to make the map play well.

Admittedly, the area in this image looks open, and a little empty. Could be fine though. If you do try to make it more interesting later, then I would recommend some slight differences in height or maybe some tighter chokes. Not played the map yet though, so that's just conjecture.

CafeineMan

Jul 31, 2010
Ok, thx for explanation. I think I understand better.
I will try to improve it (and break the lines).

PS: perhaps a hill on the capture point ?

Last edited: