Alpine backdrop file?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Crimson, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Crimson

Crimson L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    So I was playing watchtower today for some more inspiration, and I noticed the alpine mountains in the background. I was just wondering if these were part of the skybox or what?

[​IMG]

2. LLamaBoy

LLamaBoy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    If you mean the fading blue coloured mountain outlines far in the distance, then yes, they're a new skybox set since the Heavy update.

The skybox name is sky_trainyard_01.

3. tortilaman

tortilaman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I've been making a 3d skybox, and the trainyard skybox doesn't work with it. have any of you had similar problems?

4. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    DL decompiled lumberyard.

5. Sarah

Sarah L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    It seems like the alpine skybox works until you start to build your cube maps, I thought maybe the cubemap size was different but after checking lumberyard and seeing 'default' I'm not sure. Any ideas why the water and glass always has the pink reflection ? After changing the skybox texture everything worked, so I'd love to know how to 'fix' this !

6. tortilaman

tortilaman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I figured my problem out, it was different, I had the displacement in a func detail error, so my map wasn't compiling right. Not really a help to Crimson, but my problem had nothing to do with the skybox.

7. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Skybox should be right, coz Valve uses it :)