|All Originals| TF2 Community

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by lockitup, Jan 15, 2010.

1. lockitup

lockitup L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I know there is some place on this forum I saw where to advertise your server, I hope this is it. If not, please move this to where it is appropriate. Anyway a couple friends and I started a new community. I'm really big into custom maps, hence I'm the one posting here to advertise the server a bit. We are planning on adding a custom map server very soon as soon as we get new members. In the meantime I try to run custom maps after the server has died at night.

Server ip: 209.172.55.89:7100

http://aotf2.com

http://www.tf2stats.net/server_info/209.172.55.89:7100/

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. lockitup

Positive Ratings:

Haha, well I happen to be a big fan of 2fort so that's why they are on there. Sorry, ut they seem custom to me. By the way I've been checking these forums for new maps daily, I added Mangy's ctf_wildfire last night to the server. Do you have any specific maps rather than just the forum. I'm looking for the best ones...I've put on most of the ones that I know of.

Here is an image of our custom maps directory:

http://aotf2.com/?p=custom

4. Jindo

Jindo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    If you're running a community, you should be trying to come up with a rotation based around what your members enjoy, not what's hot or what you like.

My server's rotation is all stock maps unfortunately, but I still have to change/adjust it on a regular basis to keep my regulars + members satisfied.

If many of your members like 2fort remakes then great, but there are a lot of people who loathe 2fort and any variation of it, if you want to broaden your server's player base then I suggest you start by broadening your rotation, there really are a lot of 2fort remakes in there currently.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. lockitup

Positive Ratings:
    I think you misunderstood that isn't the rotation, those are just the maps on the server that I'm able to switch to. During the day the rotation consists of

* cp_dustbowl
    * cp_gravelpit
    * pl_goldrush
    * cp_badlands
    * pl_badwater
    * plr_pipeline

But at night the server dies since we are a new community so I switch to custom maps to try to differentiate from other servers as well as test out new maps on here. 2fort or any customs are rarely ever on the server anymore as of late, especially with the new ctf contest I'm sure there will be some good ctf maps to include in its place.

Anyway I appreciate the feedback.

6. Jindo

Jindo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, you're right I misunderstood.

Well I could recommend any map in the Maps forum, it's a gold mine of brilliant maps and maps in the making, just browse through it (The Political Gamer linked to it) you'll find plenty of fantastic maps!

7. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    pl_2fort hahahahaha