Was this helpful? Do you want more like this?

• Useful, you don't need to make more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Useless, but try again

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Craftminerlx24

L1: Registered
Dec 17, 2016
Have you ever not wanted to copy paste all the data from a website into several different boxes in a stupid editor? Well, I have the solution for you! Introducing... The Ultimate light_environment Collection!

Sure, not having to copy across info doesn't seem like a major time saver, but when you need to make a world of 50+ individual light_environments, these things matter.

light_env collection.zip

Also included, a .txt with a list of all skies and maps using them, as well as a copy of all skybox textures, so this guide can be used offline!
Special tip:
The entity itself displays as a certain colour in hammer based on inputted settings. Darker light_env's appear closer to black, and vice versa.

How to navigate:
Blue square is #1 (sky_tf2_04)
Red is #25 (sky_outpost_01)
Rainbow is #19, it is Pyroland skybox, it is not used in any maps.
On individual blocks, entities should be read left to right, top to bottom

*insert obligatory arthritis joke here*

Let me know if this helped, poll down there \|/

Probably missed some, this was just based of the dev wiki, what could possibly go wrong.

Attachments

• light_env collection.zip
    190.3 KB · Views: 420

Three Million

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 2, 2015
but when you need to make a world of 50+ individual light_environments, these things matter.
50 is way to excessive and would destroy the compiler/map. Besides the VDC for light_environment says "It is pointless to have more than 1", hence you only need one per map. If you need more, or 50, you are doing something wrong. Personally I don't mind copying over the light data when I start a new map, since I only really have to do it once.