All is revealed

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Randdalf, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
  2. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    First community mappack! Cool!

*starts sdk*

3. Géza!

Géza! L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Finally, Pyros will own Soldiers, and not the other way around! Just how it should've been from the beginning! :D

I love the idea of this compressed air stuff.

4. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    OMGWTFBBQ: Kill an enemy with a taunt.

umm what?

5. joshman

joshman L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Um... I think they're gonna make it so that the Taunt with the Fire can set people on fire.

What I'm going to Use:
    Axtinguisher - All the Time
    Flaregun - 75% of the time
    New Weird Flamethrower - 25% of the time.

6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Also the one about the air blast, thats a new feature of the normal flamethower, secondary fire sends out a blast of compressed air that can push enemies away or deflect projectiles

7. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    \o/ cool stuff can't wait.

8. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    The hadoukun thing always hurt people.... iirc

9. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    It deflects projectiles? Noice!

10. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    i think ill actually play pyro now, but not for the achievements. the only one i want is the axe and its not worth all those achievements.

11. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    I would have thought that that new flamethrower would have some defficienes as well. Besides the compressed air that the original never used to have anyway. Granting 50 extra hit points and crits with backburning totally nullifies the point of the old basic flamethrower. I'd have expected like, half the effective distance or something, considering the ambush tactics that it supports.

I look forward to this now though.. i've been practicing pyro just for this :D

12. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Now see I don't understand people's mindsets here. I play pyro, a LOT, so naturally I want to get these new weapons and the achievements but people that don't ever play pyro are playing to get them as well, whilst the medic ones came out I heard "I'm only playing medic to get the new weapons, after I've got them I probably wont play medic again" and I'm like "wtf, stop ruining the game for those that actually play as medic, asshole!"

You should play exactly the same classes you played before the update and in exactly the same proportions. Don't ruin the game for everyone that play those classes normally.

13. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Was that aimed at me? I'm not sure how playing a class you don't normally play ruins the game for other people. I play all the classes evenly, i always had. (Speaking as someone familiar with the phrase "one class wonder" which got thrown around a lot in TFC). Pyro just happened to be my least played class in TF2, i look forward to this because it was my second favourite class in TFC (after demoman) and it felt like TF2 totally gimped the pyro.

I'm not doing it just for the achievements. I still only have the first medic gun, i don't have the other two and i refuse to download that achievement box map to get the rest. I'll do it in my own time.

14. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think ctf_turbine deserves to be official, imo is a very bad map.

15. Inqwel

Inqwel L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think I have ever played Fastlane before. Certainly remember Turbine though. I hope this is a pattern with every new update to the weapons for new user made maps.

16. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    no one needs to play pyro excessively -
    Thats far more acceptable, I had 22 of the medic ones before I ground out the last few to get the next weapons (after about 4-5 evenings worth of playtime) and since I play pyro more than medic these will take no time :D

17. sunoxen

sunoxen L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  18. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    /me hopes this will be retroactive to the medic achievements

19. Skwii

Skwii L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'd like to play a volleyball map!

I think it pushes phys props too?

20. dookiebot

dookiebot L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Pyro is my #1 played class, I don't want others to play him because I am selfish and elitist :p But how one defines what playing the pyro a lot or a little will vary from person to person.

Even if people who have the pyro in their top 5 play for the acheivements I would wager that is a large portion of pyro players out there.

I will probably work to get most class acheivements, yes even for classes I don't play often. I think the only 2 classes I won't work to get acheivements for are the Sniper and Scout because I really don't enjoy playing them. But for the other 7? You bet!

There are some solutions to the problem:

Pyro Farmers - please play on acheivement servers so others can play a normal TF2 game

People bothered by excessive pyro players in game- please find a server with class limits.

The Medic plague blew over in a about a week, this was when there were fewer class limit servers and less acheivement maps. So I would think this should last just under a week as well.

:love: