All assets for robot destruction

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by cybern1962 | MLP, Apr 2, 2016.

1. cybern1962 | MLP

cybern1962 | MLP L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am developing robot destruction for team fortress 2 classic, due to how old the build of tf2 is it has no assets or game files for the mode, if someone could release the textures, models and gamefiles (rd_asteroid assets and gamemode assets (Robots)) I would be very thankful. It will be the original alpha map so if anyone has the old robot models I could use as well that would be grand. (Or remodel as necessary)

2. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    The gamemode won't work in TF2C. It doesn't have the coding to handle the logic of RD, no matter what fuckery you manage with entity work. It also lacks TF2's bot coding, meaning that the robots would never move.

3. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Also, the assets are all in the current game so just download that; if you're working on TF2C in any capacity, you should probably have it anyway just because of how many assets you can copypaste whenever you need them.

4. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Hi I'm the mapping lead for TF2 Classic. I believe we may already have Asteroid assets in the game? If not I suggest extracting them from TF2 using a program called GCFScape.

Have fun.

5. cybern1962 | MLP

Positive Ratings:
    Slight problem with GCFScape is it shows all the vpks that hold the tf2 assets to be empty, which is slightly frustrating. Anyone know a fix?

6. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    Only the _dir.vpk of each vpk holds the assets.
    So sounds would not be in tf2_sound_misc_001.vpk and not in tf2_sound_misc_002.vpk but in tf2_sound_misc_dir.vpk

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. cybern1962 | MLP

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks.