CP Alarum

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Atlantic T, May 2, 2011.

1. Atlantic T

Atlantic T L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. Mr.Blob

Mr.Blob L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Too much deathpit is too much D:
    Looks nice though, maybe a tad open and sniper friendly.

3. Atlantic T

Positive Ratings:
    The deathpit gives pyros a chance to use their airblast to great effect! Well, that's the idea. :thumbup1:

I hope that the only sniper-friendly area is outside the C point, where the deathpit is.

The theory behind it is that I want points A and B to be relatively easy to capture, but C much harder. Gravel Pit, I find, often tends to get "stuck" on point B, and C can get neglected.

Thanks for the input though!

4. Fredrik

Fredrik L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think pyros will be OP and freakin' kill everything, and it will be impossible to cap C.

5. Atlantic T

Positive Ratings:
    If they are overpowered during a gameday, then I'll try to find a solution. Covering the bridges maybe?

6. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    That path to C is a terrible, terrible idea. If those bridges are flanks, fine. If they are the main or only path, you need to change it like right now. Or I guess play it once to understand, but jesus.

7. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    it looks original and interesting, that's rare

8. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  9. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    Make us a premuda theme :D

10. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    People dont like death by deathpits because so many of the ways to die from them feel cheap. Airblast spam, rocket spam, FaN, simply walking sideways into them while payinga ttention to something else... all of them feel like deaths you couldnt have done much to prevent.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Atlantic T

Positive Ratings:
    So there was an impromptu yesterday on the US server and they played Alarum. I took the feedback I got and I updated to Alpha 2!

Check the OP.

12. theharribokid

aa theharribokid

Positive Ratings:
    The open Bridges towards C and the really short walk time for red to get on point C made it impossible to attack, the way gravelpit corrects this is to put C up like 3 flights of stairs meaning that you can help slightly straight out of spawn when red but the distance keeps you from being very effective, it also increases the walk 2 or 3 fold for red while the small hut lets blue jump across and start their walk up the tower a third of the way up. Also the vulnerability of walking up the open sides gives a heightened sense of risk / reward to entering the point.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Atlantic T

Positive Ratings:
    I think I might have to rejigger the entire layout at this point, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.