ahh hammer is fixed

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
make sure you move your prefabs from E:\Steam\steamapps\YOURNAME\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\prefabs

to Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin\Prefabs

Or, he just updated the resource pack today, im sure the new version will do this for you.

Danke.

Brewskii187

L1: Registered
May 16, 2013
Seems there is a set_sdk_env.bat that will set your vproject for you. It's in your common/team fortress 2/bin folder

You can use that to set it for you, I haven't confirmed it myself but looking at the batch file it should work.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Ok so does someone have a step by step list of how to make the SDK work again now

And any bugs to look out for

Oct 6, 2008
Ok - I've been gone for a while now - according to this they changed the way hammer loads and I'm getting GameInfo.txt missing message and I'm a little confused.

Are they just going to fix hammer or do I need to do something else? I saw a reference here to that Beta thing. If I do that will eveything be up and running after?

thanks.

Deodorant

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2011
I followed the steps here and Hammer worked for a while, but now it doesn't. When I try to run hammer through SDK I get a 'gameinfo.txt is missing' error telling me to check my -game parameter and VCONFIG setting. What are those things? What am I doing wrong? Halp!

I can run Hammer directly from common\Team Fortress 2\bin, but when I do I have to specify the game directory every time and it feels like I'm doing something bad and my computer is silently frowning at me. And I also get the same pink checkerboards as Egan.

Intel_turret

L1: Registered
May 3, 2013
After and have observed the comments on this thread, I went to the 'Team Fortress 2\bin' to use the Hammer tool that was there! "I would love to put a image in, but TF2 Maps wont let me!"

Upon doing so a Menu appeared before my eyes. It was a rather small window with two options "Half-Life 2" and "Team Fortress 2" I clicked Hal-Life 2 and pressed OK seeing how it was the one on the top. and yet another error screen poppet up. I then tryed the Team Fortress 2 option, and as luck would have it, it worked. There still appeard a red message in the bottom message window saying:

Invalid game "c:\program files (x86) \steam\steamapps\"My username"\team fortress 2\tf" Found in VPROJECT enviroment variable, ignoring.

I'm not completely sure of what this means, or if it even matters, maybe you guys can find a meaning to it.

I hope rather big message have been to help for anyone, as the messages before this have been a great help for me. if not, then I'm terribly sorry for wasting your time.

As for me? well, I'm gonna be, the very best! Like no one ever was! To learn the tools is my real test, to make maps is my call! Have them used across the world, on every server. The Hammer Tool, is a handy tool, to make source maps with. Hammer Tool, oh this program, its for sure my destiny! If you teach me then I'll teach you, the hammer tool. Gottta make som maps! Gotta make some maps with Source hammer tool!

Have a nice day

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
It means they forgot to completely change the FGD to remove references to the now-obsolete TF2 directory. Don't worry about it; pretty much every Hammer update has featured an unimportant red error message of some kind. And that's nothing; you should see the in-game console sometime.