Aerial Soldier War

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Naso, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Naso

Naso L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Here's a vid of some fun times on our server recorded by darkshader, this and other random events usually happen on our server quite a bit lol. Wish I had the knowledge of coding for source pawn so I could make some fun plugins for the server. But sadly, I can not and have to use the plugins other people have made and try to make things work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAA2BRIuuLM"]YouTube- Dark's LOL Moments #5: "Death from Above."[/ame]

2. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    All scouts, over a deathpit, inf. double jumps, only sandman, respawn cabinet around whole map to give baseballs.

3. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I love the occasional low-gravity, instant respawn allcrits server, though I find it funny how on that particular map there were no cubemaps and people deliberately avoided capturing control points.

4. Naso

Naso L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have some setting on the server that lets scouts have like 5000 jumps and the ball recharger Is a lot fast, loads of fun aswell. The stasfaction you get from bonking players and seeing them fall to there death is nice lol.

I think he just tabed out of the game, we all know that error, and when your flying in the air shooting rockets, who wants control points!

5. Flame

aa Flame

Positive Ratings:
    i especially liked the part where i X'ed out after 10 seconds.

would watch again

6. Caliostro

Caliostro L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    - Orange map.
    - 100% crits.
    - low gravity.
    - instant respawn.

It's blacklist fodder!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. The Gentlemanne

The Gentlemanne L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    lighten up dude....

they can be fun sometimes.

8. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    100% crits isn't bad because atleast it's fair, random crits are what bug me. They ruin perfectly good gameplay.

9. GLaDOS

GLaDOS L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    There should be an option that you can't shoot random crits, but you can't receive them either.

10. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    There should be an option to never get random crits, I agree. That shouldn't keep others from getting them, though.

11. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    That would be awful. People'd just throw critproof heavies onto crit stickies and in front of crit rockets.

12. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Exactly. Critical hits are a feature. If you remove them from some people, it breaks the entire game.

13. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    What. I meant: You can't SHOOT random crits. You can still GET HIT by them.

14. Lancey

Positive Ratings:
    Then there needs to be an option where you don't get guns and an option where your team instantly loses. Even if you don't like crits, leave them on so that you're actually a helpful player.

15. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Crits don't make you a helpful player. Skill does.

16. Lancey

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah but any player with crits is still better than the same player without crits.

17. Caliostro

Caliostro L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    No... No, they really can't.

18. Mexican Apple Thief

Mexican Apple Thief L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER

Positive Ratings:
    Then a skilled player shouldn't be complaining about crits.

19. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not saying he's impervious to the affects of crits, that's the point of why it breaks gameplay. We're talking about random crits here.

A skilled player doesn't stand a chance against another who random crockets you in the face as you turn the corner. There's no 2 ways that scenario could have occured, the crocket was fired and it was impossible to dodge, and it one-shot kills the average class so you died. But because there's no way of governing random crits it's also inaccurate to state it benefits any particular player or team all the time.

Getting random crits only makes you "useful" when you get random crits, which has nothing to do with you other than the fact you're in the game clicking the shoot key, and these crits don't necasserily always hit and affect gameplay. It's not something to be relied on. It just happens and it is annoying. Even killing people with crits annoys me because there's no challenge in it. It wastes perfectly good combat experience.

A skilled player complains because they had no chance of reacting to the threat. Atleast if he got shot 3 or 4 times in the back he could admit he was not able to realise the threat in time and it was his fualt for not being more weary, and learnt something from it. A crit is just another death tally and 20 second respawn wait for no reason at all other than the 'game' decided it to be so.

It's about as fun as having a random player in the server executed every 30 seconds for no reason. Amusing to watch from a distance but ultimately damaging an otherwise anjoyable gameplay experience.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  20. Lancey

Positive Ratings:
    Why do I see nobody complaining about headshots or backstabs?