Admin and plugins.

THE__DRIFTER

L1: Registered
May 12, 2009
What do the server admins here feel is the better tool? Source mod, Mani, etc. I have messed about but really don't seem to do well setting things up. What about HLstatsX? I have read a fair amount about needing to compile some plugins but still confuse. Admin'd many an AA server but I am a bit lost in this regard. Totally new to me. Suggestions would be appreciated as well as links to any useful topics or tutorials. I have read through here and search but didn't really find any one preference.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
if you plan to have a vanilla server I find mani to be far more useful then sourcemod

however you need sourcemod for the great majority of the mods and stat programs...so...yeah...

for something like hlstatsx or psychostats (the one I reccomend) you require another server (provided that you rent your current one) to send logs to, this server needs a variety of programs, some common, some not so common. Off the top of my head you need, perl, gd perl module, net ftp perl module, mysql database, php. Then you need to be sure that your host does not block any of these functions, net ftp is commonly firewalled as well as remote mysql.

THE__DRIFTER

May 12, 2009
Thank you all for the input. I will have to create a new server to test this because I am still seeing some issues. I cant seem to add a signature here due to restrictions the forums create or I would ask you to test and give opinions on the server. Anyway I intend to be here and learn what I can about TF2. Thanks for the opinions and I am sure I will have future questions.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
well...for any server questions you can add me on steam for quick answers...im on a ridiculous amount of time :p

my name there is the same as my name here

THE__DRIFTER

May 12, 2009
well...for any server questions you can add me on steam for quick answers...im on a ridiculous amount of time :p

my name there is the same as my name here

I added an invite for you. We are adding a second server that will be entirely custom maps. Since the last update I see a very big need for class limitation. I know there is a plugin capable of this but was wondering if anyone uses it.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
I use the class-limitation plugin, but since the latest patch it sometimes bugs (for instance you might be the 3rd spy on a server with class limits of 2, but you'll have the demoman world model thus fooling the plugin). It works like a charm 99% of the time and the other 1% of the time it bugs out, it isn't much of a big deal.

THE__DRIFTER

May 12, 2009
|Cerious|; what admin tool allows you to run this? I have having some confusion with these tools. I think we have Source Mod and Manni installed together. Cant remember atm but I going to do a complete reinstall of the server today so whatever works best.

spidEY

Jul 14, 2009
I recommend using SourceMod. It also supports managing admins and bans via MySQL.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
I recommend using SourceMod. It also supports managing admins and bans via MySQL.
ive tried setting this up (admins/bans) via mysql, but the documentation is really confusing there.