Adding hats the a map.

Little Pixel

L1: Registered
May 29, 2016
So I placed a few hats on my map but they don't seem to show when I'm in-game.

Error! To use model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/riflemans_rallycap/riflemans_rallycap_sniper.mdl"
with prop_static, it must be compiled with $staticprop!
Error loading studio model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/riflemans_rallycap/riflemans_rallycap_sniper.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/horace/horace_sniper.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/horace/horace_sniper.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/eotl_furcap/eotl_furcap_sniper.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/eotl_furcap/eotl_furcap_sniper.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/player/items/all_class/xms_winter_joy_hat_sniper.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/player/items/all_class/xms_winter_joy_hat_sniper.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/player/items/all_class/sd_glasses_sniper.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/player/items/all_class/sd_glasses_sniper.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/player/items/all_class/ring_engineer.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/player/items/all_class/ring_engineer.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/player/items/all_class/all_reckoning_eagonn_sniper.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/player/items/all_class/all_reckoning_eagonn_sniper.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/player/items/all_class/all_scrib_m_sniper.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/player/items/all_class/all_scrib_m_sniper.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/player/items/all_class/all_class_badge_pan.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/player/items/all_class/all_class_badge_pan.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/etf2l_2014_6v6_1st_place/etf2l_2014_6v6_1st_place_sniper.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/etf2l_2014_6v6_1st_place/etf2l_2014_6v6_1st_place_sniper.mdl"!
Error! To use model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/etf2l_highlander_open_1st_place/etf2l_highlander_open_1st_place_sniper.mdl"
Error loading studio model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/etf2l_highlander_open_1st_place/etf2l_highlander_open_1st_place_sniper.mdl"!
Placing detail props : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...Error! To use model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/etf2l_2014_6v6_1st_place/etf2l_2014_6v6_1st_place_sniper.mdl"
with detail_prop, it must be compiled with $staticprop!
Error loading studio model "models/workshop/player/items/all_class/etf2l_2014_6v6_1st_place/etf2l_2014_6v6_1st_place_sniper.mdl"!

This keeps popping up every time I compile the map, but I still don't know how to fix it.
I know it says "it must be compiled with $staticprop!" but I just don't know how to fix it since I made the entities into prop_statics.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Note: prop_dynamic is more expensive. While you can have thousands of statics, there can only be hundreds of dynsmics.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Any cosmetic item a player can wear in-game on the map must be a prop_dynamic. Just don't go overboard with them. They're not as easy to calculate by the engine and you will hit entity limits really quickly if you turn everything into dynamic props.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Well, you can actualy have more than 100 dynamics (they arent realy that expensive in render cost - but ofc, player weapons still are due to having a higher polygon count than other props), but when using them you should be aware of a set limit. It might not crash in a local test, but on a server it still can. When typing status in console you can see an edict counter. That value shouldnt go above 1450 (or 1000 when for mvm, and beyond that limit you can get into crashing issues). Most halloween/medieval mvm maps use alot of these props at upgrade stations.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Not worth a post but i meant hunderds. The limit I meant is right about 1000.
And, what I actually meant is that you're not as free to plave dynamic props as you are with static ones.