Adding .cache and .nav files to .bz2

T

The Asylum

so I have the Horseless Headless Horsemann in my map, and as such I need the .nav file, .cache file, the .bsp itself, and the .ain file (i think). How do I get all these packed into one .bz2?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
You can't. bz2 is a single-file archive format. You would want to pack them into the bsp itself same as any other game content... assuming they fixed the problem with embedded navs crashing the game.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
They did not fix that problem.

You'll need to have server operators cooperate with you to get this functional.

T

The Asylum

I've packed the .nav into the .bsp, taken the .nav out of my tf/maps, and it ran just fine

T

The Asylum

I've just played it on a Russian server (and I don't know what they were saying to me, probably "who's the asshole with 250 ping?), and the HHH ran around and killed people just fine

So I guess there's that mystery solved. All we need to pack in is the .nav

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
So all you need to do is to not have the .nav in your current files, and pack it in with the .bsp and it'll work?

I am curious to know because I need a solution for this for a future project.

Other than putting the models/sounds of the HHH into the map, all I did was add the .nav into the bsp with PackBSP and it worked.

If I am incorrect, I can tell you one thing I know for certain: I did not have to manual add anything into the bsp. It was all automatically found.