• I do like it!

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • I do not like it!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Zauxit

L1: Registered
Jan 27, 2009
My first map ever, so nothing special, but enough for me :)
5 CP map
Adaptation cause both teams are trying to change desert in their own way.
Few special effects like weather, breakable things, changing ways and moving CP after cap etc.
Map is designed for bigger count of players

TODO:
fix exploits

Last edited:

Zauxit

Jan 27, 2009
originaly i wanted it black, so it would look like industrial ash, however setting of color doesnt effect it at all :'( and ash is missing whole in TF2

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
Your first map, really ? I can't trust you on this.

It looks good. Better than a lot of custom maps, actually.
It of course still needs improvements... The walls, for example, are very simple.
There are too much windows, which all look the same. I think you can use other things to full them ^^
In your "building with 2.CP" screenshot, you use only one texture for an entire building. It doesn't look very good.

It seems to me that it's very large and open. It must be very cool for Snipers, and horrible for Heavies and Pyros :p

Once again, great work on your first map !

Zauxit

Jan 27, 2009
i just read lot of tutorials and tried many simple things before this, still its my first map :)
it is large, but open not really, there are so many rocks, snipers dont have see really large area at any place and I think for pyros fine, need gameplay test to know :)
Im going to improve that 2.CP building right now, ty

Fireman

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 21, 2008
Wow yeah, for a first map, this looks great. My only nitpick from the screens would be that those big brick buildings in the skybox of the red area look out of place compared to the shacks and cornfield that make up the area. I really want to see if this one plays as well as it looks :D

Lazy Eskimo

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2009
It does seem a little cramped in pictures to me. The middle cp could be broken up more. Your in the room and you see everyone. Give different path options to choose. Is there a doorway to middle cp? You can't really attack the middle when someone is holding it down. The stairs provide a narrow entrance with vertical disadvantage. When attacking it's hard to make it though narrow choke points.

Zauxit

Jan 27, 2009
I guess you are talking about 2.CP building, middle CP is outdoor. There is one more way, but this point is moving after cap, it goes down so its easier to cap, I need gamplay test to know if its really easier when CP is down or up so I could balance it.

Lazy Eskimo

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2009
Didn't see the additional screens. What I was looking at seemed like a middle cp.

Seeing the real middle I gotta say it's way too tight. Only thing to do is spam rockets as soldier.

DaFatCat

L3: Member
Apr 19, 2009
The cornfield is out of place among all the sawmill type junk. Some of the window props are showing where they shouldn't be (some of the "invisible" parts are showing) and there are some badly used textures.

Do not get discouraged by this! This is a great first map!