War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
It says it's a pack, as in more than one. I presume you didn't make all of them.
Yes its a pack and if you have download the pack you would see that there is only one map with a Read Me file in the pack but more will be coming. I named this pack a pack because I don't want to change the name later.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Why don't you make the maps first, then pack them together if people want it? Maybe people will only want one or two maps not a whole pack?
Well with not wanting the entire pack is they could always delete the maps that they don't want. With making the maps first then packing them. I can't really do that, it always bugs me when there is a map ready to go but it's just sitting there. It just overall bugs me.

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Well with not wanting the entire pack is they could always delete the maps that they don't want. With making the maps first then packing them. I can't really do that, it always bugs me when there is a map ready to go but it's just sitting there. It just overall bugs me.
So uploading the individual maps to their own download pages is too much effort for you? And you would make people download excess maps they wouldn't want, when they could just download the ones they do?

Don't get me wrong, a map pack is fine when people know what they are getting. But you plan on uploading all your achievement maps in one download when people don't know how good or bad they may be.

It also makes rating specific maps harder. What if one map is really good and technically sound, but another is a buggy bit of shit? How is someone meant to rate that?

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
So uploading the individual maps to their own download pages is too much effort for you? And you would make people download excess maps they wouldn't want, when they could just download the ones they do?

Don't get me wrong, a map pack is fine when people know what they are getting. But you plan on uploading all your achievement maps in one download when people don't know how good or bad they may be.

It also makes rating specific maps harder. What if one map is really good and technically sound, but another is a buggy bit of shit? How is someone meant to rate that?

I was always told to never spam the download section of the website and I am planning on release 5-6 maps. I don't think people want that. Also it's better to download once in one area instead of multiple places ( multiple downloadeds ). The knowing of what map will be good or bad comes with any map. The rateing would not be a problem because I won't release a map within the pack that is not up to the highest stander so it would not bring down the other maps and then it would be easier to rate.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
The download is 77.4 KB. That's about the size of a single banner image on the front page of this site. I don't think anyone's going to be inconvenienced by this. Considering how small the individual maps are, I think the creator would get a considerable amount of flak for "spam" if they uploaded each map individually.

Do people actually do that here? Is it hard to rate the pack overall and leave a description of what works and doesn't work in the individual maps?

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
The download is 77.4 KB. That's about the size of a single banner image on the front page of this site. I don't think anyone's going to be inconvenienced by this. Considering how small the individual maps are, I think the creator would get a considerable amount of flak for "spam" if they uploaded each map individually.
I did do that once with my many different version of one map and people hated that so i have learned to always bundle your maps together so people wont get angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.