Access Denied

Kronack

L2: Junior Member
Oct 26, 2009
I for some reason just started getting this error for no reason.

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\myname\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\cp_outlet_a2.bsp" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\myname\team fortress 2\tf\maps\cp_outlet_a2.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"Access is denied."

What do I do here? I compiled a map and it worked fine, then tried to compile just the bsp after tweaking it to check for leaks, and it gives me that. Everything seems to be running and compiling fine even on a full compile.

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
run it in admin mode?
try moving it to somewhere else when you compile it?

also you said 'for some reason' then you said 'for no reason' WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I had this problem once. I deleted some old bsp and relaunched Hammer. I think that did it. Maybe I renamed the vmf too. Don't know. Try that?

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
I didn't know you could compile the bsp. Or do you mean compiled the vmf into a bsp?

Posting the compile log wouldn't hurt either just to triple check.

edit: If you're running Win7, sometimes it will tell you the vbsp stopped working even though all it really did was move on to vrad (or vvis whichever is second).

Kronack

Oct 26, 2009
Strange, seems to be fixed, the renaming and deleting the old bsp fixed it, thanks all! Now if only I could figure out why the hell my spawn points are unclear to the console.

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
Now if only I could figure out why the hell my spawn points are unclear to the console.

They have to be a few units away from everything else. So not directly on the ground and not directly against a wall. (or clipping through any of them obviously :p)

Kronack

Oct 26, 2009
It seems all the unclear points are in one spawn, made sure they are all 16 units away from everything else and still messed up for some reason :\
May gonna just try remaking them

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
just redo them all, ensure they are a little off the ground!