A video of the TF2 Beta

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Psy, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Somebody has uploaded a video onto the 'tube which showcases the new beta weaponry. :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpCr-5JRU2U"]YouTube - TF2 Leaked beta update CSmania.RU[/ame]

• Thanks Thanks x 10
  2. Darth Gman

Darth Gman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This was posted on the SUF, it got deleted tho :/

3. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Psy goes on /v/?

Anyway, screenshot of the P.D.Q:
    [​IMG]

The Spy's 'flame retardant suit' looks interesting, too...

4. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Saw that vid seconds before this thread. Is the heavy throwing his sandvich at around 1:18 and several times after that?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Darth Gman

Darth Gman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Also, I would like to add, that I'm betting $5 that SOMEBODY is going to edit their tf_english.txt file to say "Fire Retarded Suit".

6. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Did I just see a multi page backpack!?

And the heavy, he dropped his sandvichh!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Artesia

Artesia L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I disagree, unless they give us another way of detecting cloaked spies. I wanted them to give scouts some sort of detection method, but we got bonk instead. :facepalm:

8. Washipato

Washipato L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Did you see the new hud when you die? You can see other player's health on the top of the screen!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    Was the Heavy... Thowing sandviches?

Who needs medics? Two heavies can heal eachother.

Also, the Gloves of Running Urgency.

10. J4CK8

Positive Ratings:
    But they gave us the FaN :facepalm: Worked as a spychecker, and still works as a noobcannon.

EDIT: 2 people repeated the heavy throwing his sandvich comment after mine and counting

11. Penguin

Positive Ratings:
    Also, the flame retardant suit is the worst unlock since the Razorback.

It's maybe the only way to make the Spy even MORE OP.

Next Update: The Facestabber- A Knife Unlock.

Furthermore, Holy Jesus:

The Gloves of Running Urgently:

When weapon is active
    Speed bonus
    -100 health on wearer
    -50% damage taken

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  12. c-106mc

c-106mc L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    The spy has to give up his only means of long range combat for the suit. Besides that, the number one frustration for spies is that they hide and are uncovered by an trigger happy pyro that just sprays down the area out of sheer habit. There's no controlling that sort of problem other than making an flame-retardent option. Besides, there's plenty of ways to spy-check already.

13. J4CK8

Positive Ratings:
    NEXT update? That was like the first update. Except it wasn't an unlock.

14. Penguin

Positive Ratings:
    I'm curious. Assuming flame is no longer an option, and since On Hit effects like Nat's slowing and the Blut's leeching do not get triggered on cloaked or disguised spies, the only methods I can think of are jarate bombing entire forts or running into every player, which, at that point, gives the spy the close combat advantage.

15. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    I suspect if you run the real numbers (rather than a single incident which someone will rage over for a week) most spies being spychecked-by-bump are going to die very quickly without a facestab from it.

My biggest complaint over an anti-fire suit is not that it would be overpowered (not in exchange for your revolver), but that it would be passive. Like the razorback.

It needs to be active... like can of white foam you can spray on your own slickly-suited arm to give limited resistance for a period of time.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  16. c-106mc

Positive Ratings:
    The best counter: watch your back. :)
    It also helps to keep track of teammates, who's dead, who's not, who's what class, etc. The cloak's function is to get behind the enemy lines, it effectively becomes useless when there's a wall of fire in front of that line.

17. Artesia

Artesia L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    why is that pyro habit you should ask. It's because that's really the only way to sweep a base for spies.

The FaN I didn't see as an effective spy detector, because you couldn't look for cloaked spies even if you wanted to

I've been wanting some sort of area affect emp, or at least let scouts unlcloak/disguise spies when they touch them, like back in TFC

the change to the blutsauger so it doesn't trigger the health effect was salt in the wound.

I dislike spies, it seems that even when I know there is one near, and I spin around looking for him... I still get backstabbed. Fire has been our only reliable method for finding a spy and keeping him from slipping away.

I used to play the game Planetside, that had cloakers. Maybe their solution could work. Give one of the classes some glasses or goggle unlocks, you switch to them and press mouse 1, and it will put them on, then you can go back to your usual weapon. When equipped, can see through stealth and disguises, but you can only see about 15 feet, outside of that it looks like dense fog.

18. c-106mc

Positive Ratings:
    That's the problem, you aren't supposed to find the invisible man. If you know there's a spy around, just be cautious, oh, and don't melee them, that's how you get facestabbed more often than not.

19. LordNor

LordNor L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    im really liking the idea of a fire retardant suit, but then i wouldnt have my ambassador

Fire Suit + CnD /or/ Ambassador + Deadringer is going to be my code of conduct

20. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Ambassador is shite. I'd rather have the Revolver any day.

• Thanks Thanks x 3