A texture size problem

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Malachite Man, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Malachite Man

Malachite Man L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello everyone I have a problem with how big a brush is sometime's its can be blocky or it can be a slim
    brush and it seems to be random can someone help me .

2. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking? But you seem to be confused about brushes that you create. When you make a new brush it will automatically match the dimensions of the last thing you had selected with the selection tool.

3. Malachite Man

Positive Ratings:
    Soosh am talking about how slim a brush is.

4. The Siphon

The Siphon L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Can you provide a screenshot of the problem? I am not sure what you mean.

5. sooshey

Positive Ratings:
    Resize it using the selection tool?

6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Little bit tricky to work out what your problem is, but I think you've got this option on :texlockscale: when you want it off. (it changes the scale of a texture as you scale the brush it's applied to)

7. Malachite Man

Positive Ratings:
    I want to create a very thin slab in hammer but every time I try I either get a block result or a line I just want to make a slab type brush

8. sooshey

Positive Ratings:
    Once you create the brush then click on it with the selection tool and resize it how you want in the 2D views. You can only make it as thin as 1 hu before hammer will complain.

9. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Your problem is probably that you can either make a brush too thick or 1hu? You need to lower the grid size by pressing [ on keyboard. Obviously, you can make it bigger with ]. Grid size is always a power of 2. Avalizble sizes are: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 and 512.

10. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Use the [ and ] (square bracket) keys to change the size of your grid.

11. Skullio

Skullio L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    When you make a brush you drag a box that determines its size in two directions. The third direction is decided by hammer and is always the size of whatever you have selected or had selected last.

So a handy tip is to select a brush that is the same size in the direction that you need and drag out the box for a new brush and it will be the same size in the third view

For example if you have a door and need to make walls beside it that will be the same height, select the door and in the overhead view drag out your box with the brush tool beside your door brush and it will be created with the height that you need. If you wnat a window the same thickness as your door, select your door and drag out the size of your window in the front-on view and the new brush will have the same width as your door.

12. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    When you draw a brush in one of the 2D views, Hammer takes a guess at what the third dimension should look like. This should show up in both of the other 2D views. You can mess with this dimension in those views before hitting Enter.

13. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    Its based on what you last selected.

And typicly i repeat what is posted 2 posts above me...