A Strange compile issue

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

MildlyMad

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2009
After compiling my map (with recent changes) my map began to mess up. The Vis-leafs were not corresponding correctly.

cappointmildlymad0001.jpg

cappointmildlymad0002.jpg

cappointmildlymad0003.jpg

cappointmildlymad0004.jpg

These show the map beinging split up.
All the changes i've made arn't compiling now (such as a correct Skybox texture). Help!
Also the center rocket is not lighted, even though lights are shown on it whats causing this?

Im not running the SDK Beta.

Jazz

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 9, 2008
You'd BETTER have func_detail'd that staircase man! I could imagine that putting some serious stress on the compiling process.

MildlyMad

Mar 27, 2009
Yup, all of its optimized and changed for the best possible compile, but still.
It was fine a couple of compiles ago.

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
well, what have you change since then and have you looked at interlopers compilelog checker?

MildlyMad

Mar 27, 2009
Can't be a leak as the water shows up (and no pointfile is created),
I've recompiled a few times, and ive only added playerclips and decals.
The compile checker only says that some faces are linked to more than 1 cubemap, could that be it?

MildlyMad

Mar 27, 2009
Nope, deleted the cubemaps, compiled didn't work.
Then I changed the map name, didn't even compile. I've also re-installed the SDK but that didn't work either.

Vigilante212

L420: High Member
Dec 21, 2008
Look in the error checker its probably an invalid solid ot something. also make sure everything is checked on the vis tab in hammer.

MildlyMad

Mar 27, 2009
Nope, and now that ive deleted the old map files, it now can't compile without saying "The system can't find the file specified". The error checker shows nothing, the compile (with the interlopers compile checker) says nothing and all the brush work and model work is fine.
Could having that rocket model go through a brush effect it? Or does that clipping do nothing?

Edit; The compile checker says "can't load skybox file skybox/sky_trainyard_01 to build the default cubemap!" as being the only problem.

MildlyMad

Mar 27, 2009
Ive tried it with a new map, just a few brushes and a light and spawn entity, this time the compile didn't get anywhere, no vbsp etc.