A question to start things off - GoToNextMap command?

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Is there a server command to simply force a switch to the next map in rotation?

As in lets say the rotation is:
Map1.bsp
Map2.bsp
Map3.bsp

Currently the server is playing Map2.bsp but people are getting bored, rather than type out whatever command, "Command Map3.bsp" is there a simple "command" that tells it to end the current map?

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
changelevel ctf_map ?

thats using rcon btw.

Apex_

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2008
changelevel ctf_map ?

thats using rcon btw.

I think he means automatically move to the next map in the set rotation.

I don't use a static rotation so I couldn't tell you. Off the top of my head there aren't any automatic ways to poll the mapcycle for the next map and go to it.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
I think he means automatically move to the next map in the set rotation.

I don't use a static rotation so I couldn't tell you. Off the top of my head there aren't any automatic ways to poll the mapcycle for the next map and go to it.

Yeah, that is what i meant I am just surprised that there is not a method to do this...

Apex_

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2008
Yeah, that is what i meant I am just surprised that there is not a method to do this...

It's possible that Beetlesmod or one of the major admin packages can do it but I've used Sourcemod and Beetles extensively and don't know of a command like that myself. Personally I just let the players votemap their way around if they don't like the current map, and keep the list of maps they can vote to up to date as possible. (That's using Beetles)

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
I was thinking about this more for the game days where we want to keep the rotation stable.

phatal

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 8, 2008
I forget the command. I'll post a full command list when I get home, but I don't have it here at work.

One way to look for it is login as admin and do 'find <query>' where query is what you are interested in.