A problem with doors and locks

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by VvZeppelin, Aug 21, 2012.

1. VvZeppelin

VvZeppelin L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey all, this is my first post and the focus is my first map. Everything's been pretty self-explanatory so far, but I've come to problem with locking and opening func_doors

So here's the the output setup: When a point gets captured, 2 tents slide back and underground passages are available. Once opened, they lock and *should* stay in the open position

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sadly, that doesn't happen. Whenever I go to test out the mechanism, when I pass through a trigger I have to allow one-way exit out of the tents, it just closes again. Here is the setup for the one-way system:

[​IMG]

So yeah, the main problem is that anyone who goes down the stairs fires off the trigger and can't open it again from the outside. I really want to know why lock isn't being obeyed...

2. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  3. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    Wouldn't it just be to make them open, and remove the automatic reset? (Its somewhere in the func_door's configurations)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, you made it far more complicated than it needs to be. Just remove the automatic close and then all you need is the open input on them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. VvZeppelin

VvZeppelin L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Solved. Thanks chaps :)