A Problem with a displacement...

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Hello again all, it's been a while but I saw that there was a min-contest going on about an intel room so I figured I had to try it out. Everything was going along great until I ran into a minor problem... The single lone displacement I added in the middle is taking me from a constant 60fps down to 30 when I walk over to it. I'm not sure what would be causing this to happen and I goggled for quite a bit on trying to find an answer but kept getting nonsense results about other crap not dealing with what I was looking for. So if anyone here has an answer to my question that would be amazing! This is like my last resort now asking here cause i'm usually pretty good and finding or figuring things out on my own now. Just in case anyone forgot the question in all my rambling it is:

What can I do to stop the single displacement in the middle of my intel from from causing extremely low frame rates when walking around it?

thanks again in advance for anyone who might know how to fix this. I'm guessing YouMe would know, but I'm not gonna give him credit yet! ;)

samn

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 28, 2008
Perhaps try deleting the displacement and recreating it?

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Lol, well... after hours of trouble shooting last night... I realized... that it wasn't the displacement at all... Even though now I must recreate it cause I deleted it to see if it was the problem. It was actually the 4 point_spotlights that I had facing each other. Guess when I walked into/close to it, it took some major power to render or something. Lol. But I appreciate the little help that some people were attempting to through out there. =) See told ya I can usually figure it out. Hahaha