A (Most Likely) Stupid Question

Birdt

L1: Registered
Apr 16, 2016
Is it possible to make entirely submerged maps? I've been trying to find examples of such but I can't find anything of the sort.

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
Do you mean submerged as in an underwater base, or all the players are swimming? For the former, check out the maps fubar mentioned. For the latter, my suggestion is don't do it, because no one likes fighting underwater (it messes with demoman's pipes and stickies and makes everyone slow).

Birdt

L1: Registered
Apr 16, 2016
Thanks Fubar, I'll check those out. And thanks also soosh. I though that swimming may have been a good game concept, as in having half the map underwater and half in an underwater base, but I'm not good enough at Hammer to do it anyway.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Thanks Fubar, I'll check those out. And thanks also soosh. I though that swimming may have been a good game concept, as in having half the map underwater and half in an underwater base, but I'm not good enough at Hammer to do it anyway.

It's not at all a complicated concept technically, but it probably wouldnt play well - swimming lots isnt fun, and some classes cant compete in water maps. A normal map set in a hadal-style base would be a lot more fun to play.