1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

A Medic approacheth

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ian_Suffix, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Ian_Suffix

Ian_Suffix L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Greetings, fellow mappers of TF2. I am Ian_Suffix, beginning mapper and the creator of the pretty but pretty odd cp_platform_1_b1. (MIP thread coming shortly)

I'm a college sophomore in Washington, whose pastime is, as expected, Team Fortress 2. I look forward to advancing my knowledge of the way Source and level design works!

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I have to say, that map looks pretty pretty for "beginning mapper" :D I hope it plays as good. One thing I noticed from the screenshots there, you should make your fog color the same shade blue as the horizon on the skybox. Then everything will blend into it better.

3. Shadow Monkey

Shadow Monkey Super Monkey

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to TF2Maps.net!

And your map looks nice! But I'm a Mapping-Noob^^ so look for better feedback^^

4. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    just what is a mip?
    Morework in progress? xD
    Looks nice, i'll give it a spin today.

5. Ian_Suffix

Ian_Suffix L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Already an excellent suggestion! Thanks!

I'll go make a MIP WIP thread for it so that further suggestions go in the right place.

EDIT: I am a beginning mapper in that this was my first and first completed map. As I learned, I revised greatly-- the first stage took me three point five months, the second two, and the last took a single month.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  6. Shadow Monkey

Shadow Monkey Super Monkey

Positive Ratings:
    Wow, you can see: You'll be better!

P.S.: Sry, for the bad english, I'm from Germany^^